Many people are surprised to learn that prescription drugs aren’t covered. You can buy drug coverage through Medicare Part D, but it’s not provided by Part A or Part B.
Here are some other services that are not covered by Original Medicare:
- Dental exams, most dental care or dentures
- Routine eye exams, eyeglasses or contacts
- Hearing aids or related exams or services
- Most care while traveling outside the United States
- Help with bathing, dressing, eating, etc. (custodial care)
- Comfort items such as a hospital phone, TV or private room
- Long-term care
- Cosmetic surgery
- Most chiropractic services
- Acupuncture or other alternative treatments
- Routine foot care
You may have to pay for these services yourself unless you have other insurance that covers them. Some Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans may help with certain services not covered by Original Medicare.